Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Save as icon

Hi

I have installed Office 2007, and I'm sorry to be so thick, but I cannot
find the "Save as" command or icon.

Can someone please direct me.

thanks

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 03:35:06 +1000, "Daniel" none@none wrote:

Hi

I have installed Office 2007, and I'm sorry to be so thick, but I cannot
find the "Save as" command or icon.

Can someone please direct me.

thanks

Daniel

The big round logo in the upper left corner of the Office 2007
programs isn't just a decoration, although it looks like one. It's a
button (officially called the Office Button, but some of us have taken
to calling it the pizza button). Click it to get more-or-less the
equivalent of the old File menu, including the Save As item.

Also note that if you hover over but don't immediately click the Save
As, you'll get a sub-menu where you can choose any of several ways of
saving. One is to save in the older Word 97 - 2003 format so you can
share the document with people who use older versions, and another is
to save as a PDF file (for which you need a free download from
Microsoft). These options are also available from the "Save as type"
dropdown of the Save As dialog, but that takes more clicks.

Explore the rest of the menus on the Office Button -- there are some
interesting new features. Also note the Options button at the bottom
of the menu, which replaces the old Tools Options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
[...]

Jay

thanks for your excellent reply, it is a big help.

I am downloading the PDF add on now.

regards

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Dan

Not only does it look like a pizza opening like the old File menu, but Alt+F
opens it from the keyboard just like the File menu. Note that if you press
the ALT key on its own, all the shortcuts are highlighted on the Ribbon
buttons.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Daniel" none@none wrote in message
Hi

I have installed Office 2007, and I'm sorry to be so thick, but I cannot
find the "Save as" command or icon.

Can someone please direct me.

thanks

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

Terry

thanks, there sure is a lot to learn but I'm getting to like the feel of it.
A really excellent upgrade.

regards

Daniel