Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Keith R Keith R is offline

Default Another newbie question- W2003 smart quotes (first quote at bottom)

I just opened a document from someone else, and am typing edits.

I don't know if it is one of my settings, or something that came in the
document, but when I try to put in a quote, instead of
"my quote"

I get

"my quote"

with the first quote dropping to a subscript-type position. I looked in
options, and smartquotes is turned on, but I can't find where the setting is
for the position of the first quote. My default language is set to US
English

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Regardless of your default language settings, the language at the insertion
point is something different. Select the quote that is incorrect and go to
Tools | Language | Set Language to see what it is. Ctrl+A to select the
entire document and then use Set Language to apply the correct one.

"Keith R" wrote in message
I just opened a document from someone else, and am typing edits.

I don't know if it is one of my settings, or something that came in the
document, but when I try to put in a quote, instead of
"my quote"

I get

"my quote"

with the first quote dropping to a subscript-type position. I looked in
options, and smartquotes is turned on, but I can't find where the setting

is
for the position of the first quote. My default language is set to US
English

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Keith

Script to change Smart quotes to straight quotes for all users? Michael Microsoft Word Help 1 November 15th 06 05:12 AM
Smart quotes aalaan New Users 4 October 23rd 06 09:52 PM
Create macro how to change smart quotes "" with smart quotes ,,"? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 8 March 4th 06 07:08 AM
Smart Quotes and then Single Quote after turns wrong direction LizW Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 05 05:19 PM
Smart Quotes to straight quotes (apostrophe) Elke Microsoft Word Help 6 January 14th 05 04:59 PM