Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I find where a certain font was used?

While the above method should locate it, if you are using Word 2003, you
could open the document in the script editor ALT+Shift+F11 and search the
metadata directly for the reference and remove it from there - or at least
locate it.

Greg wrote:
isnt that what he said to do? I dont see what im missing. I did it
like it was described

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Don't type the name of the font into the Find What box -- that will
never work. Reread Stefan's instructions about the More button and
the Format button, or the identical explicit steps in my parallel
response.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Greg wrote:
It doesnt seem to be finding it. My Distiller is telling me the
font name thats giving the error and I put that font in the search
box. Ive even tried just the first couple letters of the font name
and it still isnt finding it.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you remember the name of the font, you can use the Find and
Replace dialog box (Ctrl+H) to search for it and replace it with
another suitable font. Click the More button in order to see the
whole dialog box. Place the insertion point in the "Find what" box.
Click Format, Font, and choose the font name. Click OK to return to
the Find and Replace dialog. Then place the insertion point in the
"Replace with" box and repeat the process, now of course choosing
the replacement font. Finally, click Replace All.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Greg" wrote in message
I have a document I need to convert to PDF but it is using a
copyrighted font
that wont PDF. I know what the font looks like but not seeing it
visually,
its a 40 page document too. Is there any way to search for where
a certain
font was used?