Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Default How do you insert picture place holders in Word?

Hi All,

I want to insert an empty picture place holder in a word document, for later
inserting when finalising.

Basically I create reports that are often 100 pages in length,, I then have
to insert graphics, flow charts, images etc, each of these are often 500kb
so including them in the reports as I go only slows down the computer,
especially as the report is kept on a network file system. Even working on a
local version (stored on my hard disk is quite slow).

As a result I want to put in picture place holders much in the same way as
can be used in Powerpoint, so I can space out the documents correctly and
then insert the images etc at the very end.

Using a text box, autoshape etc doesn't seem to work as it resizes
automatically to the image size. Whereas I want to fix the picture "frame"
size so when I bring in the graphic/image/flowchart etc it fits the frame I
have created for it thereby eliminating the need to mess around with
formatting.

I am sure you used to be able to do this in Word for Windows (3.11) but it
seems to have disappeared in later versions. I am using Word for Office XP.

How do I insert text place holders in a new template? grayterv Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 07 06:27 PM
signature block has place holders Mominator Microsoft Word Help 1 April 16th 07 08:51 AM
place holders in signature Mominator Microsoft Word Help 3 April 16th 07 07:38 AM
place holders guesssome1 Page Layout 1 October 17th 06 08:29 AM
place holders in templates Jeremy Chapman New Users 3 August 10th 06 10:12 PM