Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] doboyd@gmail.com is offline

Default Encryption

I have a user that has had a single file encrypted (not password
protected) in Word 2003. He has since been migrated to another domain
and now cannot access the file anymore.

Why would moving to another domain in the same forest cause this. We
use smart cards that contain no domain information to logon to the
network.

Is there anyway to recover this file?