Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anni Anni is offline

Default Resizing a header

I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page. I
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help would
be much appreciated.

Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Resizing a header

Resizing Header in Microsoft Word

To resize your header in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header section of your document to enter the header editing mode.
  2. Click on the header to select it.
  3. Hover your mouse over the bottom edge of the header until you see a double-sided arrow.
  4. Click and drag the bottom edge of the header up or down to resize it to your desired height.
  5. Once you're happy with the size of your header, click outside of the header section to exit the header editing mode.

If your header is still not resizing properly, check if there are any settings in your document that are affecting the header size. For example, you may have set a different margin size or page orientation that is causing the header to appear larger than normal.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

PHP Code:
//No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Toggle non-printing characters on (Ctrl+Shift+8) and see if there are
paragraph marks in the header that are making it arbitrarily tall.

If not, then choose File - Page Setup - Margins tab (assuming you're using
Word 2003 or earlier), and see if the Top Margin is set to something above
1". In the Layout tab, make sure the From edge: settings for the Header are
set to .5".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Anni" wrote in message
I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a
header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page.
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help
would
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Hello Anni,

If you check in File\Page Setup, under the Layout tab, what is the setting
form the edge for the Header?

If 4", change it to your original setting.
--
Brian McCaffery

"Anni" wrote:

I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page. I
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help would
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anni Anni is offline

Thanks guys for the suggestions; however, I have already checked the margins
and they are all the default margin sizes. I also checked the non-printing
characters and there are no paragraph marks above the 4-inch mark on the
page. When I view the header the box, the header is 4 inches in height. Any
thoughts?

"Anni" wrote in message
I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a
header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page.
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help
would
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Did you check your vertical alignment and make sure that it is set to Top?
Format | Page | Page Setup | Layout | Vertical Alignment.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Anni" wrote in message
I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a
header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page.
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help
would
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anni Anni is offline

Thanks everyone for the help. It was the Vertical Alignment that was the
problem.

You guys ROCK!!

"Anni" wrote in message
I am currently having trouble in resizing a header. I orginally had a
header
that was its standard size, 1/2 inch; however, the header is now about 4
inches. The beginning of all my documents are at the middle of the page.
checked Microsoft Office Help and I could not find anything. Any help
would
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement