Rachel87

Default How do you type something squared, like centimeters squared?

I am typing up my Physics Lab Report and I can't figure out how to type
centimeters squared? like cm^2 but without the carrot? How do I go about
doing this?
Greg Maxey

To enter a superscript you and use the symbols (superscript 1, 2, and 3)
only with the menu sequence InsertSymbol, find and select the appropriate
symbol and click insert. You can insert these three superscripts with the
keyboard (NUMLOCK on) ALT+0185 for superscript 1m ALT+0178 for superscript
2, or ALT+0179 for superscript 3. You can superscript any character by
apply superscript effect to the font format
(FormatFontEffectsSuperscript), or by toggling the font effect with
CTRL+SHIFT++ (The second + is the =/+ key).

Note you can toggle subscript font effect with CTRL+= (the = is the =/+
key).

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: