Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
reloanpro reloanpro is offline

Default Bullets & Numbering

Hello members. I am hoping someone could help me with the formatting of
bullets and numbering in Word. I somehow lost the ability to make lines
indent with a new line using the tab key, say from from 1 to 1a, 1b, 1c, etc.
It wants to create a new main heading per line, i.e. from 1 to 2, 3, 4, etc.
I can use the indent button on the toolbar to do it, but lose the formatting
when new text is pasted.

Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To restore the functionality of the TAB key with numbered lists, do
one of the following:

For Word 2000 and earlier: Tools | Options, Edit tab: "Tabs and
backspace set left indent."

For Word 2002 and later: Tools | AutoCorrect, AutoFormat As You Type
tab: "Set first and left indent with tabs and backspaces."

Note that to get control over formatting, you should set up numbering
with styles, as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom