Kaikane

Default How to number pages in Word document "1 of 10", "2 of 10", etc.

I'm interested in numbering pages of a document to reflect the page number
and total number of pages in that document, such as: "1 of 10", "2 of 10", "3
of 10", etc., ending with "10 of 10". Is this possible to construct in a
Word document?
Doug Robbins

From the View menu, select Headers and Footers and in the Insert autotext
pulldown on that toolbar, you will find a Page X of Y item which is exactly
what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kaikane" wrote in message
news
I'm interested in numbering pages of a document to reflect the page number
and total number of pages in that document, such as: "1 of 10", "2 of 10",
"3
of 10", etc., ending with "10 of 10". Is this possible to construct in a
Word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline

Doug:

I don't see a Page X or Y option - do I need to do something to make it
appear as an option?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

From the View menu, select Headers and Footers and in the Insert autotext
pulldown on that toolbar, you will find a Page X of Y item which is exactly
what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kaikane" wrote in message
news
I'm interested in numbering pages of a document to reflect the page number
and total number of pages in that document, such as: "1 of 10", "2 of 10",
"3
of 10", etc., ending with "10 of 10". Is this possible to construct in a
Word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In a new document, from the main menu bar, choose Insert | AutoText. Do you
see a list of categories? If so, in the Header/Footer category, do you see
"Page X of Y"? If so, you should also see it on the AutoText menu on the
Header and Footer toolbar. If not, it's possible that you've saved a
document or template as Normal.dot, which will wipe out the default AutoText
entries.

"Ldyflyr" wrote in message
Doug:

I don't see a Page X or Y option - do I need to do something to make it
appear as an option?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

From the View menu, select Headers and Footers and in the Insert

autotext
pulldown on that toolbar, you will find a Page X of Y item which is

exactly
what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kaikane" wrote in message
news
I'm interested in numbering pages of a document to reflect the page

number
and total number of pages in that document, such as: "1 of 10", "2 of

10",
"3
of 10", etc., ending with "10 of 10". Is this possible to construct

in a
Word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline

Suzanne:

I think you are right - I am using a template someone else created. Is there
a way to get the values back? Could I save the document to a new file and
would that work?

Thanks

"Ldyflyr" wrote in message
Doug:

I don't see a Page X or Y option - do I need to do something to make it
appear as an option?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

From the View menu, select Headers and Footers and in the Insert

autotext
pulldown on that toolbar, you will find a Page X of Y item which is

exactly
what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kaikane" wrote in message
news I'm interested in numbering pages of a document to reflect the page

number
and total number of pages in that document, such as: "1 of 10", "2 of

10",
"3
of 10", etc., ending with "10 of 10". Is this possible to construct

in a
Word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Regardless of the document template, you should still have the default
AutoText entries that are in the Normal.dot global template. If you have
installed a Normal.dot template supplied by someone else, then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
getting the default Normal.dot back. If your Normal.dot is intact, then you
could copy/paste or Insert your file into a new Blank Document, but you
would lose the formatting provided by the document template, along with any
macros, toolbars, AutoText entries, etc., provided by that template. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In a new document, from the main menu bar, choose Insert | AutoText. Do

you
see a list of categories? If so, in the Header/Footer category, do you

see
"Page X of Y"? If so, you should also see it on the AutoText menu on the
Header and Footer toolbar. If not, it's possible that you've saved a
document or template as Normal.dot, which will wipe out the default

AutoText
entries.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ldyflyr" wrote in message
Doug:

I don't see a Page X or Y option - do I need to do something to make

it
appear as an option?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

From the View menu, select Headers and Footers and in the Insert

autotext
pulldown on that toolbar, you will find a Page X of Y item which is

exactly
what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Can you save individual document pages as seperate word files? John Calligy Mailmerge 2 April 12th 05 09:14 AM