Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth T. Beth T. is offline

Default Word 2007 reverts to Default Folder after inactivity

Has anyone else noticed that Word 2007 (I haven't checked Excel or others)
"forgets" the last folder you've accessed after a time? This is what happens:

I open a folder on the shared drive, work on the file for a bit, save and
close. If I Open immediately, Word looks in that shared drive folder, but if
I take too long, next time I press Open, it looks in My Documents. Kinda of
a pain in the gluteus to have to keep switching back (especially when our
shared drive is so complex and deep).

Anyone know how to disable this "feature"?