Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default How to stop text from scrolling down as I type new text?

I would like each page to be independant from one another. Now, as I type,
the text from the next page scrolls down and I must backspace the text to teh
top each time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"sue" wrote:

I would like each page to be independant from one another. Now, as I type,
the text from the next page scrolls down and I must backspace the text to teh
top each time.

This is just how Word works. A document is a series of connected pages.
If you have 2 pages, place the cursor towards the end of the first page and
start typing, what ever is after the cursor will be pushed down the page and
on to the next page, evenetually adding a third page if you add enough suff.
For 99.9 % of Word users this is just fine.

You could turn Overwrite mode on (Insert key), but then you will eventually
end up typing over the content on the second page.

I guess you could insert a 1x1 table with the row height set to exactly the
space you want on a page (about 10 inches high I guess, allowing for
headers/footers). Make sure you do not allow rows to break across pages. To
add pages, just Tab out of the 1x1 cell to add another row (or page). But
working inside a table will cause other problems...

Also, you could use a single textbox that covers the page, but again, this
has limitations in other respects...

What you want is a software like PageMaker (I believe it is not used by
anybvody anymore....) Maybe somebody can recommend the equivalent of
PageMaker nowdays... Maybe InDesign? Quark Xpress?