Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bnc bnc is offline

Default text automatically inserted in new docs

I don't know how this happened, and cannot find a way to get rid of it, but
any new document or email message I open now has some text automatically in
it in the first line. I am tired of always deleting it. I have looked in
signatures and auto type options to find where this is stored to remove it
but it is showing up nowhere. Where is this coming from? How do I remove
it? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Why is my €śBlank Document€ť not blank?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"bnc" wrote in message
I don't know how this happened, and cannot find a way to get rid of it, but
any new document or email message I open now has some text automatically
in
it in the first line. I am tired of always deleting it. I have looked in
signatures and auto type options to find where this is stored to remove it
but it is showing up nowhere. Where is this coming from? How do I remove
it? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bnc bnc is offline

Thank you, that did it! What the instructions fail to say is after your
search finds the template, in my case, there were 2 templates and after
opening each one, I found the bad one, that you then have to delete that
template. It doesn't say that in the instructions, but I did delete the
wrong one and now Word and Outlook use the blank page template, THANK YOU!