Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
W7PSK W7PSK is offline

Default Problem with Table of Contents/Figures/Tables

Im using a master document and have created a TOC/TOF/TOT. My problem is
when I open the document it gives the same page number for the lists. I can
do an update and it gives me all the correct pages.

But after I save it, and reopen I get the page all the same again.

Usually its 3 or 9 somtimes its 15 or 19.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Master documents tend to corrupt, so the fact that you are using a master
document *could* be the problem here (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Wh...csCorrupt.htm).

What you can do is update the fields and then lock them; this prevents
further changes to the fields until you unlock them again.

To lock the fields in the selection, press Ctrl+F11; to unlock fields, press
Ctrl+Shift+F11.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP