Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Default Changing Page Numbers

I have created a 2 page chart (in another program) which I need to insert
into the final printed document (which I created in Word 2007). Therefore, I
need the page numbers, which I have in the upper righthand corner, to skip 2
pages. Example: 65,66,69,70,etc. I have tried to insert 2 blank pages as
"spacers", but Word tries to put my footnotes on the 2 blank pages. Any
ideas? Word Support seems stumped.
--
Wally
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Wally wrote:
I have created a 2 page chart (in another program) which I need to
insert into the final printed document (which I created in Word
2007). Therefore, I need the page numbers, which I have in the upper
righthand corner, to skip 2 pages. Example: 65,66,69,70,etc. I have
tried to insert 2 blank pages as "spacers", but Word tries to put my
footnotes on the 2 blank pages. Any ideas? Word Support seems stumped.

Place a Next Page section break (Page Layout Breaks Next Page) at the
point where the numbering needs to change. Then, with the cursor after the
section break (that is, on the page that is now 67 and should be 69), click
Insert Page Number Format Page Number and set the starting page of the
section to 69.

Be careful -- any editing in the earlier part of the document might change
the pagination so that page should no longer be numbered 69, but having
forced it this way it won't change automatically. You'll have to check the
situation and adjust the setting manually if needed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Thanks for your help. 2 problems show up. 1: Word 2007 tries to continue a
footnote that begins on p.66 on the blank page after p.66. 2: When I change
page numbers, the numbers start counting backwards.
--
Wally

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Wally wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There should not be any blank page between 66 and (now) 69. If there are any
blank pages, remove them (click the ¶ button and remove any empty paragraph
marks).

For the footnote overflow, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...OnDiffPage.htm.

I have no idea what could cause the reversing page numbers. If you wanted to
do it deliberately, it's fairly difficult to achieve.

Wally wrote:
[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Thanks. Part of the problem is a paragraph mark in the middle of the
footnote. Yet neither the delete nor the backspace keys will eliminate it.
Any ideas?
--
Wally

Wally wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

I found a way to make it work: I inserted 2 blank pages to act as "spacers".
I don't why it workerd this time because I tried to do this before & failed.
--
Wally