majikman

Default Why does my desktop shortcut only show Microsoft Word (2)?

I have Office 2000 and my desktop shortcut did show the symbol for Word
followed by the phrase Microsoft Word. Now the phrase following the symbol
shows up as Microsoft Word (2). What happened to just the phrase Microsoft
Word? Did the original phrase Microsoft Word disappear?
Kenneth

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 14:10:03 -0700, "majikman"
wrote:

I have Office 2000 and my desktop shortcut did show the symbol for Word
followed by the phrase Microsoft Word. Now the phrase following the symbol
shows up as Microsoft Word (2). What happened to just the phrase Microsoft
Word? Did the original phrase Microsoft Word disappear?

Howdy,

You cannot have two shortcuts with the same name on the
desktop at the same time.

Look around the desktop and you are likely to find the
culprit. Just delete the one that you don't like.

All the best,
--
Kenneth