Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly V[_2_] Kelly V[_2_] is offline

Default I want a simple checkbox!

Hello all!

Have been searching through the forums all day, and no one seems to have
asked the question I need answered, so here goes...

I'm making up an application form for a colleague that has checkboxes all
through it. The thing is that I don't need them to be interactive, just
plain boxes. The only ways that I know how to insert a checkbox is to a)
insert a square symbol, or b) use the Legacy Tools checkbox form field. This
works fine to a point, but this particular document needs to be opened in
..rtf, .docx, .pdf, AND .html. So far, the checkboxes show up fine in
everything except .pdf. All we get is the letter C (the letter in Wingdings
if I insert it as a symbol), or it doesn't show up at all (when I inserted a
form field). The catch is that it works perfectly on my pc, but as soon as I
send it to him, the PDF file goes screwy as described.

I F1ed to see if I could find something else, and I tried using square
bullets, tables, inserting graphics, and nothing is working. Anyone have any
ideas? I'm using Word 2007. Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly V[_2_] Kelly V[_2_] is offline

Never mind, I gave up and finally just created a batch of tables, made the
row/column intersecting boxes have borders and removed the borders from the
rest of the table. Worked like a charm.