Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecanvasser ecanvasser is offline

Default Autoshape (Text Box) in protected doc?

I've searched around and believe the discussions i've read are for Active X
text box's not the Autoshape type. I have an Autoshape (Text Box) in a
un-protected section of a protected document (for forms). Is there a way to
allow the contents of the text box's to be edited, or the text box size/
location, etc. without unprotecting the entire document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Text boxes and document protection don't work well together, as you've
noticed. Unprotect the document, convert the text box to a frame, and then
protect the document again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ecanvasser" wrote:

I've searched around and believe the discussions i've read are for Active X
text box's not the Autoshape type. I have an Autoshape (Text Box) in a
un-protected section of a protected document (for forms). Is there a way to
allow the contents of the text box's to be edited, or the text box size/
location, etc. without unprotecting the entire document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecanvasser ecanvasser is offline

Can you give me some additional direction on how to convert the autoshape
(text box) to a frame?

"ecanvasser" wrote:

I've searched around and believe the discussions i've read are for Active X
text box's not the Autoshape type. I have an Autoshape (Text Box) in a
un-protected section of a protected document (for forms). Is there a way to
allow the contents of the text box's to be edited, or the text box size/
location, etc. without unprotecting the entire document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Right-click the text box border and choose Format Text Box from the context
menu. In the Format Text Box dialog box, click the Text Box tab. Click the
Convert to Frame button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ecanvasser" wrote:

I've searched around and believe the discussions i've read are for
Active X
text box's not the Autoshape type. I have an Autoshape (Text Box) in a
un-protected section of a protected document (for forms). Is there a
way to
allow the contents of the text box's to be edited, or the text box
size/
location, etc. without unprotecting the entire document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, if you converted an autoshape with text rather than an ordinary text
box, the border formatting may change. But if you want the text to be
editable, I don't see another method (besides using a macro to unprotect and
reprotect the document).