Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Russ Russ is offline

Default update header

I cannot figure out how to update the header and body of my document at the
same time. I select all, right click and select update fields ( I have
multiple fields in the header and body of the document) and fill in the
fields it asks for. The fields in the body update but the fields in the
header do not. How do I make both update with out having to seperately
highlight the header and repeat the above process?

thanks,
--
Russ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You can't do it through the User Interface. Essentially the Header and Body
of your document are distinct and only come together when laid out on the
page. You work with one or the other at any one time, not both.

It is, however, possible to do most things with VBA and fellow MVP Greg
Maxey has some pages on Fields; this one contains a macro to update all
fields in a document: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Field_Macros.htm

--
Enjoy,
Tony