Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan F Dan F is offline

Default disable copy and pasting in word?

I know that Adobe allows you to disable the ability to copy and paste from a
document, and disable right click's to help that. I was wondering if their
was a setting that would allow you to disable copy/paste and "crtl+c and
crtl+v"

I searched before posting this question, and found some things somewhat
related, but mainly just referring to images and such, if this has been
posted before I am sorry, and please point me to the thread that I missed.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Dan F wrote:
I know that Adobe allows you to disable the ability to copy and paste
from a document, and disable right click's to help that. I was
wondering if their was a setting that would allow you to disable
copy/paste and "crtl+c and crtl+v"

I searched before posting this question, and found some things
somewhat related, but mainly just referring to images and such, if
this has been posted before I am sorry, and please point me to the
thread that I missed.

Thank you

There are some things you could do to slow down people who have no idea of
how Word works. For example, you can intercept the copy and paste commands
with macros that don't do anything, or that pop up a nasty message. You can
unassign the shortcut keys.

However, it would take the average geek about 5 minutes to figure out what
you've done and undo it, and half that time for the average teenager.
Besides that, there are lots of other ways of copying things besides just
copy/paste (think Insert File or an IncludeText field).

The honest rule of thumb is that if someone can see your document, and they
have an incentive to make a copy, they can. It's only a question of how much
effort it takes and whether it's worth it.

By the way, the "protection" of an Adobe PDF file isn't all that secure,
either.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman