Hawk

Default saved files will not open

I just installed Microsoft Office 2003. and when I save a .doc then close it
tells me that file is not available yet it Can be opened in WordPad. I did
have OpenOffice installed and Uninstalled it thinking there was a conflict in
programs trying to open it....and yes if you double clicked any doc/rtf/etc
OpenOffice Would and could open it.......

I am not computer savy so please make whatever 'solution' easy to
understand. Thank You....I just want to be able to open my files with MW I've
never had this problem before.