Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
topazeyez topazeyez is offline

Default turn off indentation of automatic numbering lists

I am trying to figure out a way to turn off the indenting feature of the auto
numbering. I need to use auto numbering but I need the list to be completely
flushed left. I have searched and searched but been unable to find a way to
change this. I know I can do it temporary by decreasing the indent but I
need really need to this be a permanent setting change that I do not have to
correct with each new report.

This is how auto numbering currently looks:
1. asdfasdfasdf
2. asdfasdfasdf

I need it to look like this all the time:
1. asdfasdfasdf
2. asdfasdfasdf

I would appreciate any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that there is no way to set defaults, if you rely on the numbering
button or by typing a number and letting Word convert it to a numbered list.
Instead, what you can do is apply the built-in List Number style which by
default has no left indent.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP