Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angelito Angelito is offline

Default How do I set the format for a U.S. Supreme Court Petition?

The Court requires petitions presented on paper 6 1/8" x 9 1/4" inches. How
do I set the document format to these specific requirements?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The law firm dealing with your case presumably has the correct size of
paper. You merely set the margins in Word so the output fits the
margins specified in the same requirements.

The law firm has typists who are skilled at formatting legal
documents, so you should rely on them to take care of it.

On Dec 30, 11:21*am, Angelito
wrote:
The Court requires petitions presented on paper 6 1/8" x 9 1/4" inches. How
do I set the document format to these specific requirements?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good lord! Are they still doing that? I did prepare such a document once,
and it is no different from any other odd-sized document that has to be
commercially printed; and in fact that is the case with petitions (or
briefs, in this case) that are to be submitted to the USSC. You just format
the document on regular-sized paper (adjusting the margins as required) and
take it to the printer as camera-ready copy (or send it as a PDF) and let
the printer take care of the rest.

A quick Google search turns up http://www.brescias.com/legal_us_supr.html,
which is a printing service that handles this sort of thing.

http://word.mvps.org