Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve

Default Mailmerge from Access

I am trying to create a report from a MS Access database. I'm using the
Directory style. My problem is many of the fields repeated items which I do
not want showing.

Sample of data:

Name Address Order# Total
joe CT 12 $30
joe CT 24 $45
joe CT 101 $55
joe CT 102 $30
Sam VA 20 $18
Sam VA 32 $125
Pete VA 43 $16

What I'm trying to do is remove the repeating info so the report looks like
this:

Name Address Order# Total
joe CT 12 $30
24 $45
101 $55
102 $30
Sam VA 20 $18
32 $125
Pete VA 43 $16

I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CyberTaz

Have you tried modifying the Properties of the Access Query? Set Unique
Values to Yes.

If the report is that simple, you may be better off to generate it as an
Access Report & use the Office Links button to Publish it to Word as an RTF
(which can then be edited & saved as a doc).

HTH |:)

"Steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve

I am even less familiar with access queries tham I am with mailmerge. In the
querty, where would I set the Unigue value?

Steve

"Steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I don't think Unique values in a query will give you what you want, but what
I would do is just use a report in Access.

If you want to persist with trying to do it in Word, see the "Group Multiple
items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CyberTaz

Doug -

You're absolutely correct, I misinterpretted the request.

The use of an Access Report would be the better way to go... set the Hide
Duplicates property for the Name field & the Address field to "Yes". Then
output it as a Word doc.

Regards |:)