charles

Default Maintain Format when I send a MS Word document by E-mail

I send a report from A Family Tree software to MS Word. When I send this
report by e-mail on Outlook Express the format is not maintained when it is
received. The attachment reads OK when I view it in my e-mail file. How can I
send this report and maintain the Format?
Klaus Linke

Hi Charles,

What formatting changes are you especially concerned about?

There may be different issues:

-- View, zoom, formatting marks on/off, ... are controlled by the =
receiver (which I consider a GoodThing=E2=84=A2).

-- If you don't use standard fonts, the fonts may be missing on the =
recipient's machine, and other fonts may be substituted. Some fonts can =
be embedded, but that can create other problems (such as the receiver =
not being able to edit the document).

-- The printer driver can have some influence on line and page breaks =
and the layout (because Word only creates stuff the printer driver can =
handle, and that may be different for different printers, or even =
different drivers for the same printer).

-- If the receiver uses a lower version of Word, or WordPad, or another =
text processor, that program may not be able to handle some new =
features.

You might consider creating a PDF file if you have access to Adobe =
Acrobat, or try some web service or freeware to create a PDF. You get =
more or less pictures of your pages, which you cannot easily change/edit =
any longer, but which also don't change the way a Word doc does.

Regards,
Klaus

"charles" wrote:
I send a report from A Family Tree software to MS Word. When I send =

this=20
report by e-mail on Outlook Express the format is not maintained when =

it is=20
received. The attachment reads OK when I view it in my e-mail file. =

How can I=20
send this report and maintain the Format?