JDIH

Default word - can i import another word document and keep its format?

If I import a word file into a new document it takes on the format of the new
document - how do it keep the old files original format. I want to tage a
previous document on to the end of a new document.
Daiya Mitchell

What kind of formatting are you trying to keep?

For headers and footers, margins, etc, the key is section breaks. See here
for an explanation and a fix.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...ectionInfo.htm

If you mean text formatting, see he
http://shaunakelly.com/word/styles/F...xtChanges.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Actually, the first article Daiya cited is the opposite of what you want;
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm instead.

.. .

On 9/9/05 8:35 AM, "JDIH" wrote:

If I import a word file into a new document it takes on the format of

the new
document - how do it keep the old files original format. I want to tage

previous document on to the end of a new document.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/