Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tommyk105 tommyk105 is offline

Default Autorecovery files: Are they recoverable?

Is there any way to recover a autorecover file once Word is closed? I was
working on a document, saved it to a flash drive but inadvertantly deleted it
from the flash drive. My understanding is that Word deletes the autorecover
files once Word is closed out, but don't those files have to go somewhere?
Can they be recovered with data recovery software. Any help would be
appreciated.

Best,

Tom K
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sergey Wasilenkow Sergey Wasilenkow is offline

Is there any way torecovera autorecover file once Word is closed? I was
working on a document, saved it to a flash drive but inadvertantlydeletedit
from the flash drive. My understanding is that Word deletes the autorecoverfilesonce Word is closed out, but don't thosefileshave to go somewhere?
Can they be recovered with data recovery software. Any help would be
appreciated.

You can try to recover your document from the flash drive with Easy
File Undelete:

http://www.munsoft.com/EasyFileUndelete/

If you didn't write any data to the flash drive than document's data
is still alive and you can recover your document.
But you can try to recover data even if some file was been
overwritten.