Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonathanmenn

Default when I hit "enter," it won't single-space

I am typing a document on Word 2003. The spacing is set to single space. When
I get to the end of a line and the word naturally goes past the line, it
properly drops down a single space. Howeverf, when I hit "enter" at the end
of a line, it double spaces, and I can't get it to single-space. This just
started happening. I've checked the format and rebooted, all to no avail. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale

Go to Format | Paragraph and check the Space Before and Space After sections
of the dialogue box. One of these is probably set to leave 6pt or 12 pt of
space. They should both be 0 pts . Hope this sorts your problem out.
--
Rae Drysdale

"jonathanmenn" wrote:

I am typing a document on Word 2003. The spacing is set to single space. When
I get to the end of a line and the word naturally goes past the line, it
properly drops down a single space. Howeverf, when I hit "enter" at the end
of a line, it double spaces, and I can't get it to single-space. This just
started happening. I've checked the format and rebooted, all to no avail. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A Kidner

Also check your Style. This is in the menus but its easiest to look at the
left-hand side of the Formatting toolbar. Make sure the cursor is at a point
in the document where you are experiencing trouble. Generally the Style will
be set to €śNormal€ť but if it says €śNormal (Web)€ť you are likely to experience
the kind of problem you describe. If necessary select the text which is
misbehaving and set it to the correct style.