meg_44

Default en and em dashes on a laptop?

How do I create an en dash and em dash in Word 2003 on a laptop using
keyboard shortcuts?

If you don't have (easy) access to a numeric keypad (which I suspect is what
prompted this question), you may want to assign your own custom shortcuts.
Open Insert | Symbol, select the en or em dash, click Shortcut Key..., and
press your desired keyboard shortcut.