Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rhodesmk@swbell.net is offline

Default Field Codes Settings

When I open a Word document in Word 2007 that contains fields such as date,
TOC, Headings, etc., the fields are automatically toggled so that I only see
the programming language. I then have to right click on each one in the
document and select Toggle Field Codes to make the text viewable.

How do I change this so the documents always open with the text showing, not
the codes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

If you right-click and select €śToggle field codes€ť, you toggle the field
codes of selected field(s) only. Press Alt+F9 to toggle field codes of all
fields in the document.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

" wrote:

When I open a Word document in Word 2007 that contains fields such as date,
TOC, Headings, etc., the fields are automatically toggled so that I only see
the programming language. I then have to right click on each one in the
document and select Toggle Field Codes to make the text viewable.

How do I change this so the documents always open with the text showing, not
the codes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if you do that in your normal.dotm template, you probably won't
have the problem upon opening.

If you right-click and select “Toggle field codes”, you toggle the field