Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suroora suroora is offline

Default Can't remove highlight

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't remove highlight

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are a few steps you can try to remove the highlighting from your Word document:
  1. First, make sure that you have selected the text that you want to remove the highlighting from. You can do this by clicking and dragging your cursor over the text, or by using the "Select All" command (Ctrl+A on a PC or Command+A on a Mac) to select all of the text in the document.
  2. Once you have selected the text, go to the "Home" tab in the Word ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Font" section of the ribbon, and click on the arrow in the bottom right corner of the section to open the "Font" dialog box.
  4. In the "Font" dialog box, look for the "Highlight" option and make sure that it is set to "No Color." If it is already set to "No Color," try selecting a different color and then setting it back to "No Color" to see if that clears the highlighting.
  5. If the highlighting still won't go away, try selecting the text again and then right-clicking on it. Look for the "Clear Formatting" option in the context menu that appears, and click on it to remove any formatting (including highlighting) from the selected text.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Inquiring Mind Inquiring Mind is offline

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cubbie_Gal Cubbie_Gal is offline

I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just baffled.

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Is it possible that the document has been Protected & that the Shading is an
attribute of a Style you don't have permission to modify?

Go to the Review Tab, click the Protect Document button & see what the Task
Pane has to say. You may be able to remove the Shading by applying a
different Style.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try
whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading
tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then
removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Clear just means that there's no pattern. It also means that what you're
seeing is not highlighting (which you would remove by selecting None for
highlighting) but shading. Go to Format | Borders and Shading and choose No
Fill on the Shading tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then
removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandy brandy is offline

I'm seeing the same problem... It's in a table, and any text that is entered
appears highlighted with yellow.

I've set "No Fill";
I've set "Shading" to "Clear";
Reveal Codes shows: Pattern: Clear (Yellow) - Clear
There doesn't appear to be any document Protection in effect.

The entire table (3col x 17rows) has the same attributes.

I also tried: "Table Properties" | "Borders & Shading" |

It's also set to:

Fill: No Fill
Pattern: Clear
Apply to: Table

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell.

http://word.mvps.org

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandy brandy is offline

I never was able to get rid of it manually. I tried "Apply to:
Table|Cell|etc." with no change.

I did, however, copy the text of the macro that someone created to get rid
of the problem and that worked. Now, if the logic of that macro could just
be available as a manual process.....

Thanks!

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Hello,

Are these suggestions you are providing for 97-2003? I'm using 2007 and
trying to highlight only the text in a numbered list and it highlights the
number also. Can you provide a solution for this?
Thanks

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the paragraph mark is selected (which it will be, no matter how carefully
you try to avoid it), the number will be formatted. The only solution is to
select *just* the paragraph mark and remove the shading.

http://word.mvps.org

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josh Johnson Josh Johnson is offline

If you get really frustrated (as I did) you can select all, open a new
document, paste special, and remove formating. Voila!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rolandtiu@yahoo.com is offline

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted and pasted it on the highlighted cell. The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the contents to match the previously highlighted text.

On Tuesday, 3 July 2007 19:56:01 UTC+8, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] Lisa Wilke-Thissen[_2_] is offline

Hi,

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted
and pasted it on the highlighted cell.
The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the
contents to match the previously highlighted text.

may be, the text is not "highlighted". Instead, a shadow has been applied
(Borders and Shading).

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] an1995@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 1:52:25 AM UTC-5, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi,

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted
and pasted it on the highlighted cell.
The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the
contents to match the previously highlighted text.

may be, the text is not "highlighted". Instead, a shadow has been applied
(Borders and Shading).

--
Cheers,
Lisa

old post, i know, but maybe it has to do with the text being highlighted due to having a comment? Look on the right to see if a comment has been linked to the highlighted text. If so, then the only way to remove the highlight is to "resolve" or delete the comment.

This was the case of my frustration until I relized it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[...]

This was the cause of my frustration until I relized it.

use

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jacqui@parakore.maori.nz is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 11:56:01 PM UTC+12, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

what a crack up i just realised that there was a comment - it was a comment highlight combined with a colour too ... der
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jtharris66@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 6:56:01 AM UTC-5, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Highlighting applied via the Highlighting tool on the Home tab can be
removed as follows: Select the whole document by pressing Ctrl+A and
then click the arrow on the Text Highlight Color button and choose the
"No Color."

To remove font and paragraph shading you can run the following macro:

Sub ClearAllShadingFromDoc()
'Macro created by Stefan Blom, MVP, January 2015

With ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With

With ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Den 2016-05-10 kl. 19:12, skrev :
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 6:56:01 AM UTC-5, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] melinamtavares@gmail.com is offline

I had the same problem. I deleted the conditional formatting and it fixed the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rjwest0004@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
[...]

Finally, an easy solution!

I didn't even realize I had a light shading on until I got counted off on one of my papers. I realized it was a shading issue, but you cannot un-shade the entire document at one. Word forces you to highlight each shaded portion at a time. Any non-shaded characters or spaces that you highlight will prevent Word from removing the shading from the entire document if there are any breaks in it. This macro gets around that easily!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mabrahams@torontoprepschool.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

reload the page
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] abeerfromspace@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 2:56:01 PM UTC+3, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

you must have solved your problem by now, but for future troubled folks like i was, when you go to borders and shading, select clear fill, apply to text not to paragraph. it worked for me!
BobMer BobMer is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 2:56:01 PM UTC+3, suroora wrote:[color=blue][i]

you must have solved your problem by now, but for future troubled folks like i was, when you go to borders and shading, select clear fill, apply to text not to paragraph. it worked for me!
This solution worked for me. Thank you very much!

Last edited by BobMer : October 18th 21 at 08:12 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] natigiraldo@gmail.com is offline

El viernes, 16 de octubre de 2009, 13:13:43 (UTC-5), Josh Johnson escribió:
If you get really frustrated (as I did) you can select all, open a new
document, paste special, and remove formating. Voila!

Finally an answer that worked!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gustav.bonds@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 1:56:01 PM UTC+2, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

1) Select text
2) Click €œBorders and Shading€ menu and pick €œBorders and Shading€
3) In €œBorders and Shading€-window, pick €œShading€-tab
4) Pick Patterns: Style €œSolid 100%€
5) Pick Patterns: Style €œClear€
6) In €œApply to€-menu €“ pick €œtext€
7) Click €œOK€

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] poconobikingwh@gmail.com is offline

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

fixed it, thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] tc18050@students.hcde.org is offline

same for me

--
This message was sent from an Hamilton County Department of Education email
address.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] perobinson15@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

I was having the same problem, here's what you do! Highlight the problem column go under edit and find & replace. Then delete any number/text that may be in the Find section.

Hope this helps!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] amaniwht@gmail.com is offline

As I was typing on google keep (a google app that you can utilize for notes and things to do that you need to remember) I accidentally hit some buttons and it highlighted every letter or space I clicked on. If you have this problem, simply click caps lock and then click it again to turn caps lock off and then type again. This will disable the highlight mode. Hopefully this works for you and if not I hope you find another way that will help you solve this problem. - AW

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] divanshi07bansal@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 5:26:01 PM UTC+5:30, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Sometimes it also happens cause of the comments made, just resolve all the comments and the highlight will go away.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ma.hinchliffe@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

I had this issue and i couldn't even change the color from yellow to anything else. there were no comments, track changes was off.

in the end I selected a section that was not highlighted then hit ctrl+shift+C
then select the section that is highlighted and hit ctrl+shift+V

highlight was all gone

hope this helps someone

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sydneyjopena@yahoo.com is offline

When I highlight the text, the highlight goes higher than normal and looks weird. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dbabu26@maldenps.org is offline

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

me too i triejfdbut nrnthhe****inwrejfhcbhw yellloe2w shijgfrgtolitrhytgbntng reownm4t rogk iqofdfdurjkckerng
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] beargirl.th@gmail.com is offline

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

thank you!!!!!!!! So helpful!!!!!!