Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JWA JWA is offline

Default dictionary button grayed out

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polaris Polaris is offline

Will the Research command work for you?

"JWA" wrote:

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JWA JWA is offline

I don't think so. I have a dictionary button on the taskbar, but it doesn't
work. I don't find anything like that under the research choices. The
thesaurus is there, but not the dictionary.

"JWA" wrote:

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polaris Polaris is offline

The Research task pane in Word 2007 allows you to select the Encarta
Dictionary as one of the reference sources. I have added the Research command
to my Quick Access Toolbar. When clicking it the task pane opens with The
Encarta Dictionary selected.

"JWA" wrote:

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JWA JWA is offline

In searching for the Research task pane, I went to Add-Ins and in Toolbar
Commands I found the dictionary icon I was looking for. I added that group--I
didn't find a way to add only the dictionary icon--so now I know where to go
for the dictionary. I still don't understand why the round icon that was
grayed out didn't work, but I don't need it now. Thanks for your help.

"JWA" wrote:

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
franche franche is offline

"JWA" wrote:

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does the Set Language (on the Review tab, near the right) of the
document agree with the language of the dictionary?

On Jun 17, 11:19*pm, franche
wrote:
"JWA" wrote:
I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Ahhh . it looks like the dictionary has to be kept in its standard folder to avoid being grayed out. . the c:/documents and
settings/ Application Data/ Microsoft/ Uproof folder

Hmmm I'll check it out further

Gil