Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rex Rex is offline

Default How do I open Windows 2007 Beta Word files in Windows XP?

I'm trying the beta version at home and sent a file to work (where I have
XP). Now I can't open the file at work. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The easy way is to use the "Save as type" dropdown in the Save dialog of
Word 2007 and save the file in "Word 97-2003 (*.doc)" format.

The hard way is to install the converter pack that you can download from
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...converter.mspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Rex wrote:
I'm trying the beta version at home and sent a file to work (where I
have XP). Now I can't open the file at work. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JC HARRIS JC HARRIS is offline

The new version of Word uses an different extension by default (*.docx).
When creating a document you have to save it in a previous version format
(under the Windows Logo in the upper left).

A workaround is to download and install the compatability pack fopr Office
2003 at the Microsoft site. You can also set 2007 to default to a *.doc
format.