Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mmikedm1000

Default New Styles

Hi,

I edited the Heading Styles in a document and saved the doucment. When I
reopened that document the style reverted back to MS Words Style Definition.
Actually I outdented Heading 2 and when I opened up the Document Heading 2
was indented again.

Also, I edited the TOC to have its tab stop change from 3.47 to 5. And
again, when I opened the document the tab stops had reverted back to their
origional positions.

Does anybody know why this keeps happening?

Thanks for any assistance,

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mmikedm1000

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "Automatically update document styles" checked in Tools |
Templates and Add-ins?

No that is not checked. Should it be?
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mmikedm1000

Yes in the global template I did not have Update Styles checked, but in the
document I was working in it was checked.

Thanks very much for your assistance.