Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Dotzlaw

Default Saving a document in Print Layout View Bug

This is really odd.

Create a new document. Set it to NORMAL view and save it.

Now close the document.

Reopen the document ans set it to PRINT LAYOUT view.

Save the document and close it again.

Now open the document once more, and notice it is still in NORMAL view. In
fact, once saved in NORMAL view, I can not get it to ever save in PRINT
LAYOUT view again.

What in the world is going on? Is this a bug with Word 2003 SP2.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Dotzlaw

Nope. Normal.dot is still set to Print View as the default.

If you try the example I gave, you will observe the behavior.

Gary

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Did you make any change other than the view? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Gary Dotzlaw" wrote in message
This is really odd.

Create a new document. Set it to NORMAL view and save it.

Now close the document.

Reopen the document ans set it to PRINT LAYOUT view.

Save the document and close it again.

Now open the document once more, and notice it is still in NORMAL view.
In
fact, once saved in NORMAL view, I can not get it to ever save in PRINT
LAYOUT view again.

What in the world is going on? Is this a bug with Word 2003 SP2.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

My point is that you have to make a change other than changing the view.
Otherwise the document is not actually saved. Did you read the article?

"Gary Dotzlaw" wrote in message
Nope. Normal.dot is still set to Print View as the default.

If you try the example I gave, you will observe the behavior.

Gary

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Did you make any change other than the view? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.