Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Orhan Kulluoglu Orhan Kulluoglu is offline

Default A Word page should consists of Word Sheets

Imagine, I have a word document about histories of different countries.
I open the document and I see a page with the bottom tabs titled
€śAmerica€ť,€ťIndia€ť,€ťChina€ť
When I press America tab I see the page(s) about American history. When I
press the tab India I will see the page about the Indian history.
Just like an Excell page that contains sheets, except for, the word sheets
would be blank without cells.
On the Insert menu you will be able to add a new Sheet.

How can I do that with the ordinary Word? I can create many separate
documents. Or a large document contains many pages that would be very untidy.

In my opinion a Word page that consists of Word Sheets would be neat and
tidy solution.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You are not the first to ask for this and probably won't be the last. Word
was originally intended to create *printed* documents. Many features have
been added to facilitate using Word for online documents, but this is not
one of them. You might, however, consider using the Document Map. You might
also investigate OneNote.

"Orhan Kulluoglu" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Orhan Kulluoglu Orhan Kulluoglu is offline

In my opinion, the Word with Sheets(or Sections) isn't against the creating
*printed* document idea. It will be actually a superior version of Document
Map.

The sophisticated application OneNote has pages with sections and each
section is saved as a separate document. But what I suggest for Word is only
one saved document - not many parts of document.

Unlike OneNote, Word is very common, and almost all PC has the software to
open it. So in my opinion the MS Word will be better with this feature of
adding a new dimension to the page.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Although I understand your point & agree in principle, this is a highly
impractical approach to the construction of a word processing program.

The flow of text is constantly changing while the doc is under construction
and or revision. Therefore the text on one "tab" at the moment may well be
on a different "tab" every time the doc repaginates.

Further, if there are 50-60 or more of these topics, where on screen do you
propose the "tabs" be located? Even Excel workbooks - which have used tabbed
sheets for years - can't effectively display more than maybe 6 at a time.

Once the doc is completed, not only does a PDF supplies the navigational
capability you seek but also is far more appropriate for distribution of a
work that win not require further revision by the readers.

Additionally, the Document Map pretty much serves that purpose in a Word doc
as Suzanne mentioned.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/26/07 3:04 AM, in article
, "Orhan Kulluoglu"

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You are not the first to ask for this and probably won't be the last. Word
was originally intended to create *printed* documents. Many features have
been added to facilitate using Word for online documents, but this is not
one of them. You might, however, consider using the Document Map. You might
also investigate OneNote.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"Orhan Kulluoglu" wrote in
message ...
Imagine, I have a word document about histories of different countries.
I open the document and I see a page with the bottom tabs titled
łAmerica˛,˛India˛,˛China˛
When I press America tab I see the page(s) about American history. When I
press the tab India I will see the page about the Indian history.
Just like an Excell page that contains sheets, except for, the word sheets
would be blank without cells.
On the Insert menu you will be able to add a new Sheet.

How can I do that with the ordinary Word? I can create many separate
documents. Or a large document contains many pages that would be very

untidy.

In my opinion a Word page that consists of Word Sheets would be neat and
tidy solution.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...d=1fdb4025-04a
2-4bcd-aac5-0784a0081686&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Orhan

In theory, you can get something similar with macro code which hides
parts of your document. In practice: I don't think there is too many
demand for this kind of scenario.

Orhan Kulluoglu wrote:
The sophisticated application OneNote has pages with sections and each
section is saved as a separate document. But what I suggest for Word is only
one saved document - not many parts of document.

Unlike OneNote, Word is very common, and almost all PC has the software to
open it. So in my opinion the MS Word will be better with this feature of
adding a new dimension to the page.

:-)

Even if Microsoft would buy the idea -- I guess they'd rather want to
sell more licenses of OneNote (or of a larger Office edition).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS