Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brotri Brotri is offline

Default Customised toolbars in Normal.dot are not applied to my documents

I always customise my toolbars in Word. I recently got a new computer with
Office 2003 so I tried to customise my toolbars as always. However my toolbar
changes are not saving to the default template. Each time I open a document
(new or existing) the toolbars revert to the original.

I made the changes to the Normal.dot template. When I open the actual
template ('.dot' as opposed to '.doc' document), my toolbars retain my
changes. However when I open a new or existing document, the toolbars in my
global (Normal.dot) template are not applied.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how to make my cusotmised
toolbars apply to each document opened??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What you are describing indicates that something, probably an add-in, is
preventing Word from saving normal.dot (unless you open it directly). A
common culprit is Adobe Acrobat. See
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brotri" wrote:

I always customise my toolbars in Word. I recently got a new computer with
Office 2003 so I tried to customise my toolbars as always. However my toolbar
changes are not saving to the default template. Each time I open a document
(new or existing) the toolbars revert to the original.

I made the changes to the Normal.dot template. When I open the actual
template ('.dot' as opposed to '.doc' document), my toolbars retain my
changes. However when I open a new or existing document, the toolbars in my
global (Normal.dot) template are not applied.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how to make my cusotmised
toolbars apply to each document opened??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brotri Brotri is offline

Default Customised toolbars in Normal.dot are not applied to my docume

That worked!!! Thank you so much!!

"Brotri" wrote:

I always customise my toolbars in Word. I recently got a new computer with
Office 2003 so I tried to customise my toolbars as always. However my toolbar
changes are not saving to the default template. Each time I open a document
(new or existing) the toolbars revert to the original.

I made the changes to the Normal.dot template. When I open the actual
template ('.dot' as opposed to '.doc' document), my toolbars retain my
changes. However when I open a new or existing document, the toolbars in my
global (Normal.dot) template are not applied.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how to make my cusotmised
toolbars apply to each document opened??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--