Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ChrisK ChrisK is offline

Default Unprotecting an imbeded spreadsheet

I am designing a fill in form with the first 2 pages protected. On page 3 I
have an Excel wooksheet that I want to be able to edit. I have tried a break
before page 3 but I must be doining it wrong, when I protect the form page 3
is still locked.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Chris,

When setting up the forms protection, you need to click on the 'Sections' button and uncheck the Section that has your Excel
workbook in it.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"ChrisK" wrote in message ...
I am designing a fill in form with the first 2 pages protected. On page 3 I
have an Excel wooksheet that I want to be able to edit. I have tried a break
before page 3 but I must be doining it wrong, when I protect the form page 3
is still locked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ChrisK ChrisK is offline

Thanks I new I was missing somthing. Is there anyway to take a cell from the
wookbook and insert it in the main document?

Chris

"ChrisK" wrote in message ...
I am designing a fill in form with the first 2 pages protected. On page 3 I
have an Excel wooksheet that I want to be able to edit. I have tried a break
before page 3 but I must be doining it wrong, when I protect the form page 3
is still locked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Chris,

I assume you want the two items linked. In that case, Copy the cell, then close the Excel Object and use Edit|Paste Special, check
the 'Paste Link' button and choose the paste format that best suits your needs.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]