Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default {MERGEFIELD "First Name"} Shows on Doc when working on instead of

Hi,
I don't know what I did, but for some reason when I am working with a
document in Word now, it shows {MERGEFIELD "First Name"} instead of the
person's first name, and in the footers it shows {DOCPROPERTY "SWDocID"
\*MERGEFORMAT} instead of the document footer info. Any idea how to fix this?
--
Kathy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathy" wrote in message
Hi,
I don't know what I did, but for some reason when I am working with a
document in Word now, it shows {MERGEFIELD "First Name"} instead of

the
person's first name, and in the footers it shows {DOCPROPERTY

"SWDocID"
\*MERGEFORMAT} instead of the document footer info. Any idea how to

fix this?
--
Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default {MERGEFIELD "First Name"} Shows on Doc when working on instead

That worked!
Thanks so much

--
Kathy

"Kathy" wrote in message
Hi,
I don't know what I did, but for some reason when I am working with a
document in Word now, it shows {MERGEFIELD "First Name"} instead of

the
person's first name, and in the footers it shows {DOCPROPERTY

"SWDocID"
\*MERGEFORMAT} instead of the document footer info. Any idea how to

fix this?
--
Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement