Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie_g laurie_g is offline

Default Bookmarks don't work after saving as PDF

I have Word 2007 with the PDF add-in. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8. Using
the Word Add-in I save my document as PDF WITH bookmarks. The document is
converted and the bookmarks I want are added and all work. As soon as I save
the document the bookmarks become inoperable. WHY? How can I fix this. What's
the point of adding them if you can't use them after you save?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

That's an Acrobat 8 error, unfortunately. Once you save in Acrobat, then
Acrobat takes over and changes the format of the PDF document. I don't
know of a workaround.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"laurie_g" wrote in message
:

I have Word 2007 with the PDF add-in. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8. Using
the Word Add-in I save my document as PDF WITH bookmarks. The document is
converted and the bookmarks I want are added and all work. As soon as I save
the document the bookmarks become inoperable. WHY? How can I fix this. What's
the point of adding them if you can't use them after you save?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/5/2007 12:27 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie_g laurie_g is offline

Thanks, but after clicking around some I found that turning off the "Optimize
for fast web viewing" beforehand kept the bookmarks intact after saving.

Laurie

"laurie_g" wrote in message
:

I have Word 2007 with the PDF add-in. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8. Using
the Word Add-in I save my document as PDF WITH bookmarks. The document is
converted and the bookmarks I want are added and all work. As soon as I save
the document the bookmarks become inoperable. WHY? How can I fix this. What's
the point of adding them if you can't use them after you save?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/5/2007 12:27 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Very good to know! Thanks for replying back.

--

:

"laurie_g" HYPERLINK "laurieg@ discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
:

I have Word 2007 with the PDF add-in. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8. Using
the Word Add-in I save my document as PDF WITH bookmarks. The document is
converted and the bookmarks I want are added and all work. As soon as I save
the document the bookmarks become inoperable. WHY? How can I fix this. What's
the point of adding them if you can't use them after you save?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/5/2007 12:27 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/10/2007 8:43 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

When you select your Adobe Printer - click on Properties. Then Edit the
Default Settings. You should find it in the General Settings.
You will have to change your Default Setting Name to something other
than the one provided by Adobe.

--

:

"laurie_g" HYPERLINK "HYPERLIN K "laurieg@ discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
:

I have Word 2007 with the PDF add-in. I also have Adobe Acrobat Pro 8. Using
the Word Add-in I save my document as PDF WITH bookmarks. The document is
converted and the bookmarks I want are added and all work. As soon as I save
the document the bookmarks become inoperable. WHY? How can I fix this. What's
the point of adding them if you can't use them after you save?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/5/2007 12:27 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/10/2007 8:43 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/4/2007 10:52 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Once you change the Standard Settings for Acrobat, then you still need
to use the PDFMaker tools to create the PDF rather than the Print
Option. I just find getting to the settings easier in the Print Options.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions
to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

news