Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jennifer jennifer is offline

Default Guidelines that I have no idea how they got there

Hi, I don't really know how these lines got in Word but as of a few days ago,
these little lines appeared in all my word documents. At best I'd call them
border guidelines - they aren't in the part of the document you type in but
rather appear in all four corners where the rulers end (where the gray area
in the rulers would be).

They look like this _| and as I said are in all four corners. I only see
them in print preview mode, they don't go away if you turn off the rulers and
clicking borders and paragraph format does nothing.

Right before they showed up I downloaded a Windows 2007 compatability patch
(I use Word 2003) so could they be a new component of 2007? They're just
annoying and I'd like them gone so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 18:34:00 -0700, Jennifer
wrote:

Hi, I don't really know how these lines got in Word but as of a few days ago,
these little lines appeared in all my word documents. At best I'd call them
border guidelines - they aren't in the part of the document you type in but
rather appear in all four corners where the rulers end (where the gray area
in the rulers would be).

They look like this _| and as I said are in all four corners. I only see
them in print preview mode, they don't go away if you turn off the rulers and
clicking borders and paragraph format does nothing.

Right before they showed up I downloaded a Windows 2007 compatability patch
(I use Word 2003) so could they be a new component of 2007? They're just
annoying and I'd like them gone so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

They're caused by having an East Asian language enabled, possibly as a result of
pasting in text from a web site or a document you received from someone else.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman