Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Transcriber Transcriber is offline

Default How do I access word compressor; I do transcription.

I do medical transcription. Before upgrade I had been using a work
compressor that allowed me to type an abbreviation and it would automatically
bring up the sentence or word that it was assigned. I can't seem to find it
now. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Possibly what you were using was AutoText, which is still present, but
AutoComplete is no longer available, so you have to type the first four
letters of the entry name and press F3. You may find that AutoCorrect is
more satisfactory for your purposes, as it is completely automatic; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm for general
principles; in Word 2007, create AutoCorrect entries via Office Button |
Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options.