Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default LaTeX and Word

I may get to reedit a chapter that's already gone to the typesetter,
who has converted it (from whatever it originally was) to LaTeX to
suit his hardware.

Can Word2003 import a LaTeX file (can it read its formatting codes?),
or do I need to get the word processing file that underlay the typeset
version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that no, it can't. At least, I don't see
anything in Word's Open dialog to suggest that there's a converter for it.
If a LaTeX file is essentially text, then Word can of course open it, but it
can't *interpret* it the way it can HTML.

"grammatim" wrote in message
I may get to reedit a chapter that's already gone to the typesetter,
who has converted it (from whatever it originally was) to LaTeX to
suit his hardware.

Can Word2003 import a LaTeX file (can it read its formatting codes?),
or do I need to get the word processing file that underlay the typeset
version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AIUI, LaTeX looks like html or maybe WordPerfect -- text with coding
around it. Its proponents tend to be mathematicians who _enjoy_
writing code instead of using a GUI.

"grammatim" wrote in message

I may get to reedit a chapter that's already gone to the typesetter,
who has converted it (from whatever it originally was) to LaTeX to
suit his hardware.

Can Word2003 import a LaTeX file (can it read its formatting codes?),
or do I need to get the word processing file that underlay the typeset
version?- Hide quoted text -

Latex Style Citation in Word 2007 Aish Microsoft Word Help 7 April 5th 09 12:20 PM
How to convert from MSword to Latex? AZ Microsoft Word Help 2 January 22nd 07 03:46 AM
Quality PDF (same Latex) How I change size desktop area? Microsoft Word Help 1 April 5th 06 07:13 AM
Latex? exciter New Users 4 July 29th 05 12:04 PM
Forced migration from LaTeX to a Word or word-like editor TF New Users 1 January 24th 05 01:41 PM