Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
hirize hirize is offline

Default Formating the templates and styles in word 2000

Somehow my default settings changed to paragraph style from character
style(or at least, that's the way I see it). I'm new to this program but
I've followed the help menu step by step and cannot get the paragraph style
back to character style so I'm getting the paragraph symbol and the words
separated by dots when I use the word processor. Can anyone tell me what I
may be doing wrong or better yet, how to fix this? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:31:00 -0700, hirize
wrote:

Somehow my default settings changed to paragraph style from character
style(or at least, that's the way I see it). I'm new to this program but
I've followed the help menu step by step and cannot get the paragraph style
back to character style so I'm getting the paragraph symbol and the words
separated by dots when I use the word processor. Can anyone tell me what I
may be doing wrong or better yet, how to fix this? Thanks

"Paragraph style" and "character style" have nothing to do with what you're
seeing. You have displayed nonprinting characters by clicking the ¶ button on
the toolbar. Click it again to turn them off.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for an
explanation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
hirize hirize is offline

Thanks a bunch...you know, I can hit 8 notes per second on a five string
banjo but couldn't figure out how to click the little icon to fix my
problem...So simple when you shine a little knowledge on it! Thanks again.