Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified mscertified is offline

Default How copy row cells of one table to another?

If I have 2 tables with the same number of columns, how do I copy a series of
rows from the middle of one table into the middle of another table
e.g. assuming 2 tables t1 and t2:

t1 r1
t1 r2
t1 r3
t1 r4

t2 r1
t2 r2
t2 r3
t2 r4

I need to end up with

t2 r1
t2 r2
t1 r2
t1 r3
t2 r3
t2 r4
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can do it as described below €“ I hope the additional comments will help
you.

In the first table, select* the rows you want to copy. Press Ctrl+C to copy
the rows.

* If you turn on formatting marks (e.g. by clicking the ¶ icon in the
Standard toolbar), you will see that all rows end with an €śend of row marker€ť
that looks like this: ¤. Whenever you want to cut or copy an entire row, you
must make sure to include the €śend of row marker€ť in the selection. An easy
way to select entire rows: Move the cursor to the left of the table until it
looks as a white arrow with a black outline. Then click to select a single
row. To select more rows, press and hold the mouse button while you drag
along the rows you want to select.

To paste the rows in the second table:
Click to position the insertion point in the _first_ cell in the row
immediately _below_ the position where you want to insert the copied rows.
Press Ctrl+V or right-click and select €śPaste Rows€ť from the pop-up menu.

In general, pasted rows will appear with the same number of columns and the
same column widths as when copied.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg