Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daBeef

Default Can I Use Triggers in MS Word

Hi,
I am a physiologist and I teach both undergraduate and graduate level
courses and I have tried desperately to find a solution to this one teaching
presentation technique and all I find is that I must learn HTML to accomplish
this one function. I wish I had that kind of time, but I simply do not, so I
need expert help.

An example of what I am trying to accomplish can be found if you open WORD
then clicking WORD HELP then clicking TABLE OF CONTENTS. This shows DOCUMENT
MAP. If you click on one of the listed items, then this shows a dropdown list
and so on. This drop down approach (as well as the embeded expand - condense
capability for MS uses for word definations) is what I am trying to
accomplish. This way, in a learning environment, I can choose to present
select information, or the student can choose to dig deeper into a particular
topic - or skip more indepth info due to time constraints. It would also be
desirable to enable the instructor to limit student access to certain info
(only available to the teacher or for a certain amount of time) Finally,
hopefully a problem can be resolved in printing this "formatted" document
where the teacher can control the display / printing of information.

Any ideas?

Thanks much
Duane Keisler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Duane

This functionality is not available in Word. You can mark text as hidden
(Format Font); and you could write macros to hide and unhide the text. But
to completely fill your requirements would be a major undertaking.

You could certainly do this in a web page, but, as you say, that would
involve learning HTML and some kind of scripting language.

Far easier, and quite eclose to what you need, would be to use PowerPoint.
You can set up text so that, when you click the slide (or, after a certain
time interval) additional text is displayed or hidden.

Alternatively, if you set up your PowerPoint presentation to use Presenter
View, you can see thumbnails of all the slides in the show, as well as the
slide that is currently being displayed. So when you want to go to more
detailed information, you can. And if you want to skip several slides,
perhaps because of time constraints, you can just click on the slide you
want to show next. The audience just sees the slides you've selected; they
can't see that you've skipped several slides.

However, PowerPoint does not, as far as I know, have any security model that
would enable you to identify some text as being visible to some people.

If you need further information, I suggest you ask in one of the PowerPoint
newsgroups.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"daBeef" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

As Shauna says this is not available in Word, but
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm might be a workaround that
you could use.

daBeef wrote:
[...]

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

The helmet also includes a built-in grind mode, which allows you to switch quickly between welding and grinding without having to remove the helmet. welding cart cover