Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawsonfred lawsonfred is offline

Default Double spacing on labels

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it - why?
How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no paragraph
spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more complicated
rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There has been a lot of discussion on this in the forum this week - but see
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm which covers the
issues.

lawsonfred wrote:
In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it -
why? How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no
paragraph spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more
complicated rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawsonfred lawsonfred is offline

Surely this can't be that complicated to produce a label without doulbe
spacing. All I want is a sheet of sticky labels of my own details, not a
whole lot of mail merge stuff and pages of unintelligible instructions
wasting my time when I could be out in the fresh air.
Fred Lawson

"lawsonfred" wrote:

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it - why?
How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no paragraph
spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more complicated
rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Avery has free software.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...ode=0&wtloc=sc

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"lawsonfred" wrote:

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it - why?
How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no paragraph
spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more complicated
rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You only have to read the note!
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_w...2007.htm#Note:
It explains the reasons for the added space and how to overcome it.

"lawsonfred" wrote:

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it -
why? How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no
paragraph spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more
complicated rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawsonfred lawsonfred is offline

Yes, but how do I modify to get both no spacing on the letter and also labels
with no spacing. It still doesn't work for the labels. Can't someone
explain it short simple English please. I wish I had never upgraded to 2007
- I mistakenly thought it would be better.
Fred Lawson

"lawsonfred" wrote:

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it -
why? How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no
paragraph spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more
complicated rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh

double spacing Selby Microsoft Word Help 2 June 14th 07 06:05 PM
Double Spacing Jen Microsoft Word Help 1 January 25th 07 07:54 AM
My document is double spacing but paragrah spacing is set at singl Double Spacing Microsoft Word Help 2 October 9th 06 07:35 PM
Double Spacing Allison Microsoft Word Help 2 January 13th 05 02:17 AM
Get rid of Double Spacing Al Franz New Users 2 December 2nd 04 12:20 AM