Mr T

Default Cannot install new fonts

Word will not accept new fonts. I copy them into the "fonts" directory of
windows, like the helpfiles, and experience tells me to, and get nothing.
The fonts lie there, but I cannot use them in Word or WordPad.
I even tried installing OpenOffice, but to no avail.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to make it right.
I use Win2000 pro, with all updates...
Graham Mayor

Word will only display fonts that the current printer driver is capable of
printing. If set to print only True Type fonts, that is all you will see.
The correct method of installing fonts is to open the fonts folder either
from control panel or Windows Explorer, then from its file menu, select
'install font'.