Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter

Default emphasis marks - dot

My daughter asked me to print a document that had emphasis marks turned on
(View, Toolbars, Customize, Extended Formatting). After I printed her
document, the emphasis marks defaulted into the "on" position on all WORD
(2003 Professional) files. I changed the Normal.dot to eliminate them and
thought it was repaired.

However, when I open a new e-mail in Microsoft Outlook Professional 2003, in
HTML format, the emphasis marks are "on" by default still. The only way to
turn them off is to have the extended formatting toolbar open and click off
the setting. I cannot figure out how to make the default settings exclude the
emphasis marks!

I have restored the computer to an earlier date (prior to all this
happening) and it didn't resolve it. I have uninstalled Microsoft Office
Professional 2003 (using Add/Remove Programs) and reinstalled it. The problem
persists.

How do I change the default toolbar settings to exclude the emphasis marks?