Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default "reply" to an email & receiptant doesn't receive org.mesg. back?

A friend sends me a email message with a question. I sent him a reply by
hitting the "reply" button and answer his question. When he opens up my
email, my answer (text) is there, but his email question is not. In other
words, the original "text" email my friend sent me, does not show up in my
relpy to him when I send it back...I am hitting the "Reply" button. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

This has nothing to do with Word & you don't specify what email client
you're using, so this is just a bit of general information

The Options for your email client will have some sort of setting as to
whether to quote originals in replies. What it's called, where it is & how
it's worded varies from one program to another. In Outlook 2003 for example,
it would be in ToolsOptionsPreferences - Email Options buttton - "On
Replies & Forwards".
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Rob" wrote in message
news
A friend sends me a email message with a question. I sent him a reply by
hitting the "reply" button and answer his question. When he opens up my
email, my answer (text) is there, but his email question is not. In other
words, the original "text" email my friend sent me, does not show up in my
relpy to him when I send it back...I am hitting the "Reply" button. Thank
you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default "reply" to an email & receiptant doesn't receive org.mesg. bac

Yes, that's it! thank you very much. It was Microsoft outlook. Rob

"CyberTaz" wrote:

This has nothing to do with Word & you don't specify what email client
you're using, so this is just a bit of general information

The Options for your email client will have some sort of setting as to
whether to quote originals in replies. What it's called, where it is & how
it's worded varies from one program to another. In Outlook 2003 for example,
it would be in ToolsOptionsPreferences - Email Options buttton - "On
Replies & Forwards".
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones