Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fisherman Fisherman is offline

Default how to instal Templates from online *.cab files in Office 2003

I have downloaded several Office templaates from Office online, but they come
in *.cab files. Who knows how to instal the actual template so that I can use
it?

example : 10081922.cab contains 10081922.potx and content.inf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This newsgroup is for questions about Microsoft Word. Your question
appears to be off-topic here because it appears to be about a Microsoft
Powerpoint template. And you downloaded a Powerpoint 2007 template,
which will not work in Powerpoint 2003.

Fisherman wrote:
I have downloaded several Office templaates from Office online, but they come
in *.cab files. Who knows how to instal the actual template so that I can use
it?

example : 10081922.cab contains 10081922.potx and content.inf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAMP90 LAMP90 is offline

Dear Fisherman,

Even though Garfield-n-odie rightly points out that your posting is
off-topic, Word 2007 templates also come now inside .cab files, so I will
address your question.

These templates are not supposed to work in Office 2003.

Office 2007 has built-in support to process these templates transparently
for the user. This support helps the user to get its template into its
proper Office application without the user having to find out which folder is
that template located. My personal experience tells me that the average user
usually loses track of where he downloads his files. Most of the time,
non-expert users have no clue of what a file is, what a folder is, what to do
with either, nor of a nifty little tool called Windows Explorer that can take
care of such miseries. This feature takes care of yet one more headache for
IT support.

If you want to use them, your best bet is to upgrade to Office 2007.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.